Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I am sad with the results of yesterday

I know that people voted for Obama and that he won by the majority vote but I wonder how aware they are that the business that they work for will might have terrible repercussions based upon Obama's policy of how he wants to spread the wealth. I know that I work for small company there are only about 15 of us in total, but the company is over the limit of the 250,000 in a year. Most of the company is put in my both of my bosses names. We go back and forth with struggling for money and be okay for a month or two. The price of what we have to buy is high, plus paying employees, and now to pay extra guys for man power for this new law going into effect. But with the tax increases there is a real possibility that we will have to fire people in order to keep the business alive. These are good people who work off of Christian Principals and they might be screwed over in the end. It is a sad day for us.

On the good news Prop 8 passed which is such a relief, at least to me.

1 comment:

Don said...

You're so right, Holly. Hopefully, as president Obama will realize the implications of what this will do to small businesses for REAL, not what it does to make him electable by the masses.

If his plans as stated in the campaign really DO go into effect, small businesses will take it on the chin, on the nose, in the teeth, and up the backside!