So yesterday I learned quickly that the not eating part isn't nearly as bad as the crappy stuff you have to drink in order to "prepare" for the procedure. I got extremely sick off of the first medication so that I couldn't have anything that would stay down (not even Jello). then I tried the drink I was supposed to drink a gallon of....lets just say that
didn't stay down either. I e-mailed my doctor (1 feature I really like about Kaiser) and within the hour I had another
prescription to pick up to help the nausea. Needless to say I was up until about 3. (one trick that I liked is to drink chicken broth right after as it was the only thing to cover up the terrible taste.) Well today Cory took me to get this done and it took only 6 nurses looking at me and 6 pokes later to get an IV started. I remember very little about the procedure but I know I was awake for portion of it, as time is passing I am remembering less and less. However they did not find anything to appear to look like
crohn's. They did take biopsies and we will know the results in about a week of the
microscopic tests. However this is so disappointing to me because I have had so many issues I just want answers at this point and it is really frustrating to finally have a diagnosis and then to say that it doesn't look like i have it, especially when the doctor said that she thinks I probably have a moderate to sever case. The test result may come back that I have it and the medication I am on is working but who knows what that test will say. Finally since they biopsied part of my colon I am in pain and they said that mild
abdominal pain is normal but sever is not and I go back and forth so all in all today was very frustrating and disappointing.
No comments:
Post a Comment