Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Transitions

Cory had I have had what I would call a transition summer. Cory has moved back home, His grandma died, we have gone to Oregon, we have told both of our parents that we are going to get engaged (no I still don't know when it is going to happen), his is working 6 days a week which seriously effect our weekends together and time he needs to rest, his grandpa died last week, I have decided to go to Grad school, we have been discussing major future plans (including where we are going to live, what I am going to get a master's in, jobs etc), not to mention figuring out all of my medical problems, or possibly buying a new car.
~~~~~~~~
I have started a new medication which from what I can tell is helping a TON! I am so glad to not be in pain. Unfortunately since the lipoma was removed the incision site has been painful, I removed the tape today to find the area very bruised which is most likely the reason for my pain right now. If I do not hear anything by Friday then the doctor told me to assume that the mass they removed was a normal lipoma. There are still two more on my ribs that they probably should remove but it wouldn't be necessary.
~~~~~~~~
Right now our biggest discussion is about me going to grad school. The problem is that I feel like I am not going to like any job that I'm in. Part of that is that I feel that I am not great at any one thing and I don't feel like I have a real passion to do any one thing. This has made it extremely difficult to find a grad program. I would really like to see if I could do nursing, however I have been trying to get into the classes I need for 3 semesters and every time they are full, which is extremely frustrating. Cory and I have just started talking about me doing a school counseling program with a master's in education or to possibly get my MFT.
~~~~~~~~
It has seriously been a big transition summer. It has been hard and really good at times. I would like to say a few words about the up coming funeral and how I view Cory's grandparents. September 4th is Cory's grandpa's funeral which is where we will be laying him to rest next to the love of his life. This was a couple that had very hard times and had very good times and by the time I met them Vernie's body was failing her and Rocky's mind was failing him. In spite of this it was evident how much they loved each other. Rocky would sing to Vernie as much as he could remember to do so and they loved to make each other happy even in the little things. This has been a fantastic example of the way you can keep love alive. I have been several marriages fail and marriages go through very tough times but in the end it is the little things that can keep a marriage and a love alive. I feel truly blessed that the man I am in love with had this example. Cory does many of the things Rocky would do for Vernie, one of those things is singing to me and sometimes that even means he makes up songs for me (even when I am sick or just had surgery as my mom can attest to). Cory has been my support and I have been his support and it brings tears to my eyes that he had to lose his grandparents that watched him throughout his childhood. I truly believe that his grandpa died of a broken heart. I do think that we were blessed to visit with each grandparent the Sunday before their passing. Cory got to to spend quality time with two of the people he loves. It does make us both feel better to know that they are together again without limitations of the human mind and body. They will both be dearly missed.

No comments: