Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A post about all things Wedding

Cory and I are getting married in less than 7 months! We have already been engaged for 4 months. So I thought it was time for a post about all of our wedding plans. Our theme is Black and White Polka Dots. It has been a lot of fun figuring out what exactly we want (especially since we both agree on most things). We are going to get married in his uncle's backyard which when described I was told that it is more of a private estate, and on the off chance it rains Cory's dad reserved the church building just in case. (The church runs a basketball league in the fall so the entire league is taking a break that Saturday because of our wedding. We feel very special)

We feel very blessed by all of the help that Cory's mom has done for us. Since she is currently unemployed she has been devoting a large amount of her time checking prices and putting together things for the wedding. So far she has about half of our invitations done, most of our favors done, and she designed our save the dates. She has also used the dining room table as an example of what our tables will be set up like. With her help I have been able to feel pretty relaxed about the entire thing. I feel like she will have everything done perfectly. People have often asked if I feel like it is a bad thing that she is helping out so much. Truthfully she has been a dream about the whole thing. It has helped develop our relationship even more than it was before because we are spending more time talking and being together because of wedding stuff. Plus her taste is fantastic. The best thing about it is that she does NOT take offense if I tell her no. She understands that it is Our wedding and she doesn't want to over-step.


Cory and I have sent in our deposits for the photographer http://www.heavenlyportraits.com/

and for our caterer http://tgiscatering.com/

and for my dress (Sorry no pictures up because Cory could see them).

But my mom is down to visit and we plan on doing lots of wedding stuff including something I am looking forward to very much...meeting with the baker. We are going on Thursday to meet with her and try out several flavors.


In other news my new niece Kinley is so adorable and she is already 8 weeks old and I think she is adorable! (does any one else think she looks like Alyse as a baby in this picture?)


Kinley does relate to the wedding because my beautiful nieces are my flower girls.