Lately I have been thinking a lot about family. As most of you know I do not come from a "traditional" family dynamic. But in my opinion it is so much better. My family are the people we choose to love no matter what happens. This is so relevant to our family because while Tyler and I are blood related we have two siblings that are technically "step" siblings. And Brian and Alyse have become so much more than that. Jerry has become much more than a "step" father. Words cannot express the gratitude that I get to be so blessed to have these siblings. There is another part of our family that cannot be ignored either. My sibling-in-laws. Our family is definitely unique, because we have already adjusted to a larger family and loving each one individually, so I feel we have been able to open our arms to each new member of the family that has been added through out these 7 years. Did I mention my sibling-in-laws are fantastic! Cory and I get the awesome privilege of being able to hang out with Brian and Jennifer and their kids as often as our schedules can work out. We have had many in depth conversations with them about marriage and life and they have been wonderful to put up with us coming over and eating their food and being able to watch my nieces grow up. I love going home because I get to see my other siblings, and while I know that if Cory and I eventually move up there we will not see them everyday I hope that we will still hang out a lot because my favorite moments are with my family. For example having Tabatha, Alyse and I all go in to the same dressing rooms at the outlets to try clothes on, or cheering each other on as we each are at different points in our lives. Honestly the times that I feel whole are when I am with my family. And while Cory is an only child, I can tell he is continually amazed how nice it is to have these people be so much more than just friends.
I have been thinking about this because Cory and I are going to be starting the first phase of our family when we get married in October, and family is important to both of us. This is a new journey for us and I pray that we can build our family up in the same way we were brought us, with valves and morals, and most importantly God at the center. I truely feel that because we have families that believe in God we have fantastic examples set of how our family is supposed to look like. While I am truly excited to marry Cory we are experiencing some troubles (I need a car, he needs a job, we need to find a place to live, etc.) and we are embarking on this new phase of life I feel like this song can almost always bring me to tears as I am reminded that God is not shaken by these things. And I wanted to remind my siblings of this because while we are all going through different phases in our life it doesn't make us any more certain of how things will play out. But God is not shaken. So...Johnsons, Colsons, and Rostamizadehs download this song if you do not already have it.
92 Swim Tec 6 Wege Ventil Ersatzteile
5 years ago

2 comments:
Thanks Hol! That was a beautiful song and a very nice reminder!! Love you and wish you could be up here with us!
awwww...shucks...
Post a Comment